Old reiserfs versions, like those that come with 7.2 and before can have
problems with
disk intensive operations, like runnin postfix on it on a high intake mail
server..

I had this problem myself, and it was on a box that only did 6000 odd emails
a day..

got heaps of error messages in the logs from postfix reporting file system
problems,

I asked on the postfix list and its a known issue with reiserfs, which has
apparently
been fixed with 8.1's version.. I have not had any problems yet,, but have
yet to
put it on  the mail server...

in all other areas, Reiserfs has been flawless.. I look forward to the
upcoming complete
rebuild of it.

rgds

Frank