Thats strange, I have a Athlon 1.4 and a huge 7500rpm fan on a massive
heatsink,

the spring was incrediably tight... but a small pair of pointy nose pliars
did the job
nice and quickly.

and the CPU runs nice and cool, middle of a summer day, (35 degress's
celcious) the CPU temp
was 65degress's and the sensor under the cpu (which has a dot of transfer
paste on it to contact with the base of the
cpu...

works a treat, although I am going to have to turn the air con on when it
gets over 70 me thinks, just to be safe..

anyone know what the temp range is for a 1.4gig? is 75 degress bad? in
winter it had a temp of 35.

rgds

Frank