On Friday 09 November 2001 10:17 pm, Randy Kramer wrote:
> Jose M. Sanchez wrote:
> > Some machines cannot handle more than 512mb of memory, or run out
> > of cache for more than 512 megs of RAM.
>
> Some motherboards handle less than that -- the TX-Pro II
> motherboards I use can only handle 64 MB in each of two sockets for
> a maximum total of 128 MB (although I can also add some 72 pin
> memory, not sure how much).
>
> Randy Kramer

    I was curious 'bout that too. Currently most motherboards can
handle 256mb modules, 3 or 4 slots. When stinky said he had 512mb
sticks I went to the Soltek site an looked at his motherboard. 3
slots, capable of 512mb each for a 1.5 gig total.  Soltek's a great
board, but I'd stil be a little leary of 512mb modules ....
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Galveston Bay, USA
           chmod +x /bin/Laden.al-Qaeda.Taliban