Hello!

        I have a problem on 2 machines. One at home and
one at work. I was used to burn iso files using an alias,
and it doesn not work anymore.
        Here is the respons of cdrecord in a shell:

% cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 1.10 (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 J?g Schilling
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'. Make sure you are
root.

        In the past (in the downloadable version of 8.1), cdrecord
was working well. Has anybody experienced the same problem? By the
way, login as root is not a solution. I have tried, just in case, but
it produces exactly the same result. Anyway, I am in the cdrom group,
so it should work.
        The 2 machines are dual processor PCs but I don't think it is
related. The motherboards and processors are different. Beside that, I
didn't change anything but clean-installed the root partition on both.

        Any hint?

        Thanks,

        Pascal