On Tuesday 13 November 2001 12:05, you wrote:

> Yes, I have the same problem and have been working with the guys in this
> group in trying to resolve it. I might go back to 7.2 since it was working
> OK there. I haven't been able to get internet sharing to work on 8.1 also.

        For your info, it works on Mandrake 8.0. I mean,
CDRW works on 8.0. I have also other problems on 8.1 with
CDROM: sometimes, there is no way to remove the CD by pressing
the CD button.
As for internet sharing, I use it on 8.1 and it works well.
But I remember I had some trouble to get it work. Apparently,
the setup is not _exactly_ the same as on 8.0. Something is
different, but I don't know what. It might be something like
the DNS setting. I find this parameter ambiguous. Which DNS?
The name server of my ISP that resolves names from the internet,
or the DNS to resolve names on my lan? Anyway, try to modify
some of the parameters, and it might work.
        As for reinstalling cdrecord, I have downloaded it
and tried to reinstall, but I got an error. This might also
be a 8.1 issue, but there are a lot of errors when installing
a package. A lot more than on 8.0.

        Pascal