> Hi,

> > I put the cd no. 1 in the cd-rom and started the PC. It stoped while
> > accessing the cd-rom.
> > Then I made a bootdisk - the same :-(

I did try with cd nothing.
I did try with the bootdisk ( I made 3 of them)
I did start to install win98 - it worked
I did try a bootable cd with redheat on it - it worked

More or less I guess the CD might be wrong somehow

> be that your BIOS does not support booting from CD. Anyway, whether booting
> >from CD or bootdisk, the CD/floppy device should be made a boot device in
> the BIOS setup.

I know about booting and BIOS and selecting bootdevice...

> Did you read the README file on the first CD on how to make
> a bootfloppy? (the README is of course accesible from Windows and the floppy
> can also be made under that OS).

I made 3 of them as I said above :-( with 5 different floppies...

> Oh, and recently I got a kernel panic

I only come to the point where mandrake is "trying to access to a cd-rom" blue
stripe. The cd-rom is running big time and never stops - thats it.

Greetings

Ivo :)