This may be a shot in the dark but I would allocate a minimum of 1G to the  /
 partition then cut the /usr to 6G and leave the rest. It may be that you
don't have enough room on / to do what you are trying to do. This thing will
install. I don't remember the start of this but be sure you have disabled the
virus protection in the bios also.  Keep coming back to let us know how it
goes.

--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842