Hi all,

I've gotten way behind on my emails on this list. A while back (before
Mandrake 8.1) there was some discussion of gphoto, gphoto2, creating and then
directly mounting a digital camera directory, etc. I understood most of it.

Now I understand that under LM 8.1, the new kernel and devfs there's a
different treatment of the usb ports. I don't understand the new stuff.

Let me get to the bottom line. I want to access my digital camera - Canon
PowerShot S10 - and would prefer to attach via a USB port.  Gphoto insists
that I specify a serial port.

I 've mucked around in the /dev directory  and don't see anything that looks
like a usb port.

Would somebody please point me in the right direction?

TIA.

Terry Smith
Woods Hole, MA