Thanks Charles and Sarah.

I do have Star Office 5.2 installed at home (from the PowerPack) and today,
at the office, installed Star Office 6.0 Beta (downloaded from Sun). I think
SOffice 6.0 is a real improvement...it read all my Windoze MS files (Word,
Excel and PowerPoint) perfectly.

We're essentially a WordPerfect shop, however, and, at the very least, I need
to read WP files and convert them to something that Soffice or Abiword can
read.

I may have an old tarball on a backup somewhere.  I'll look around.

Thanks.

Terry Smith