Hello D.,

Sunday, November 25, 2001, 5:16:07 AM, you wrote:

DLW> Hi list,

DLW> I have a lonely ML8.1 box in a dhcp network (almost) with 3 family Windows98
boxes.

DLW> I have configured Samba through SWAT but probably for a direct connection
DLW> to another box.

DLW> I can ping all from all.

sounds like the same setup I have at home.
have you tried the tess in 'diagnosis.txt' (comes with samba I think)
If you'd like to send me your smb.conf I'll have a look at it.
btw, are you running a firewall?

Colin Jenkins
ICQ: 650611   registered linux user 223862
WEILER'S LAW: Nothing is impossible for the man who does not have to do it himself.