I am _still_ trying to sort mail so that my wife's mail goes to her inbox and
mine goes to my inbox.

I was going to use a fetchmail/procmail setup, but never got it quite working
when skinky told me about getmail.

Getmail setup was a snap, and it works as you mentioned, skinky. BUT, I have
one problem. I think it related to permissions, but I don't know how to fix it.

I have getmail setup so that when I run it, it gets our mail and sorts it into
two mboxes /var/spool/mail/his and /var/spool/mail/hers. I own both files and
have rw. The group homemail is assigned to both files with rw permission. My
wife and I are both members of homemail. We each have identical getmailrc files
in our respective directories.

When I log on, this works fine, and I got this far thanks to you, skinky. But
when my wife logs on, getmail fails because it can't write to my mbox. I
thought that since we were both members of the homemail group and that since it
has rw permission, that she'd be able to write to my mbox, but apparently,
getmail wants you to be the owner. Is there anyway to set this up so that both
my wife and I can run getmail successfully?

-Paul "desperately seeking Linux" Schwebel