i have been laughing my way through the recent "problem with linux" threads,
and just had to add this somewhat off topic but i think very called for
thought....

 Things I hate about linux......

lets face it, there are things you dislike about the linux OS.  here are
mine.  what are yours?

RAM:  i have 14 desktops and i am running 3 different browsers, seti at home,
some office stuff, bluefish, kmail and knode.  i want to run gimp too, but i
only have 256 megs of ram and damn it i am topping off!   i will
have to use swap space soon!  now sure i know if i tried to run all that in
windows i would crash all over the place, but the fact i know i can do all
this and have multiple desktops makes me just keep running new apps without
finishing what i was doing in the old ones.  and since it never crashes i
never have to restart all the apps, i just leave them running.  at least with
windows it crashed and i had to start over every few hours.  how can linux be
good for productivity if i never close the apps when i am done?

up time:  i have a cd drive that should be faster than the one curretly
installed, but have i put it in?  no!  why?  i would have to restart!!!  why
won't the damn thing just die so i can do a reboot and try this new drive?  i
have been waiting for 15 1/2 weeks now to put this cd rom in, but no, it
won't die.  maybe i should stop killing rouge apps.......

the other computer:  i have win 2000 on my other machine, and i feel it is
wasted.  i mean i only use it to play halflife and it seems that has now been
ported, so what do i do with it?  i left it on 24/7 just like the linux box
but i don't play often so all it does is the seti@home screen saver.  luckily
it crashes every other day just from the screen saver, so it is getting
plenty of reboot use time.  nothing like the feeling you have to help
maintain a machine.  sometimes i even let it run scandisk when it reboots
cause i like to watch it work a little.  still, i could unplug the mouse and
keyboard and it would be just as useful.  what a waste!  and why?  cause i
run linux.  piece of shit.

x windows:  it causes most of my RAM trouble.  why?  cause i found out i can
run KDE in tty7 and enlightenment in tty8.  just what i need 10 desks of apps
in KDE and 4 more in E!  who built this?  the marqee de sade?

so how about you?  come on!  vent a little!

--
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." -Juan Jimenez

shane
registered linux user #101606 @ http://counter.li.org/
http://www.mystic-light.net/personal/
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98