keh???

nope, I am not a network admin at a uni, I am a net admin for an online
payment gateway,,
among other things... so when I am at home, (and I do all my talking to this
list from home..
I don't really have more resouces then the average schmoo  :-)

I got hacked once long ago, (redhat 6.2 wu-ftp) and it made me ultra
paranoid,

and since then I have not had any box under my protection hacked (that I
have been able to verify anyway),
caught a virus, or anything else detrimental, since I get about 1000 emails
a day, I get alot of virus's,
so I had to learn quick how to deal with it.. especially since I have alot
of windows users on our network
that I can't do anything about, I just protect them as I can. (and before
you say anything Tom, they all run
apps that can't be swapped over to linux... otherwise I would have already.)

rgds

Frank