On Saturday 24 November 2001 08:27, you wrote:
> On Saturday 24 November 2001 16:50, you wrote:
> Install the kernel-headers and kernel-source packages first. They aren't by
> default . Then you'll be up&away:)

Thanks,
That's _EXACTLY_ the problem.

When I went to install kernel-source using the software manager the package
didn't show up under installable so I assumed it was.  I actually had to go
look for the source rpm on the mandrake install CDs...so something else is
going wrong there ???

Anyway problem solved....both components successfully recompiled and are
being installed

Joe
> For the archives: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/flists.php3
>
> Good luck
> Harm Bathoorn
>
> > I'm getting the following error when I try to compile the latest version
> > of the NVIDIA_kernel driver.
> >
> > In file included froThanks,
That's _EXACTLY_ the problem.  When I went to install kernel-source using the
software manager the package didn't show up under installable so I assumed it
was.  I actually had to go look for the source rpm on the mandrake install
CDs...so something else is going wrong there ???

Anyway problem solved....both components successfully recompiled and are
being installedm nv.c:50: