On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 05:22:42 -0800, joe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   On Saturday 24 November 2001 08:27, you wrote:
   > On Saturday 24 November 2001 16:50, you wrote:
   > Install the kernel-headers and kernel-source packages first. They aren't by
   > default . Then you'll be up&away:)

   Thanks,
   That's _EXACTLY_ the problem.

   When I went to install kernel-source using the software manager the package
   didn't show up under installable so I assumed it was.  I actually had to go
   look for the source rpm on the mandrake install CDs...so something else is
   going wrong there ???

<snip>

hi,

  somebody said that the tree view in rpmdrake does not show all packages "as not to
overwhelm" the new user. some packages are 'hidden' and only the more 'useful' files
are shown in the treelist. i think this was implemented in 8.1 and there was a couple
of post in the mandrakeforum about it. you can always try the other tab so all rpms
are viewable (or try the search..)

just my 2 cents.

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
25/F Equitable-PCI Tower
ADB Ave. cor. Poveda St.,