From: "Keith Lynn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Aaron Winters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 10:08 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Can not get users web site to come up with Apache and
LM 8.1

> I think your problem may simply be permissions on the files and
> directories where the pages are stored.
>
> Keith Lynn
> Systems Administrator
> School of Computer and Information Sciences
> University of South Alabama
> Mobile, AL 36608
> Phone: (334) 460-6390
> Fax: (334) 460-7274
> Alternative E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Aaron Winters wrote:
>
> > Hey yall, I have a clean install of LM 8.1 and I can not get my users
web sites to come up. When you type the URL http://domainname.edu/~user I
get an error telling me I do not have permission to access it. I have done
this before and the only thing I can think of is that this time during the
install I chose medium instead of low on the security setting because this
box is on the net all the time with a static IP running Apache, ProFTPd and
SSH. The domain web site comes up fine it is just the users sites that are a
problem. I have looked in the httpd config files and it has entries that
look to me like it should work but what I know about configuring Apache is
just enough to mess something up. Can any of you give me a hand?