Hi,
    I would like to know where I can select a 'kernel' reinstall in the
'update' option of the installation cd. I screwed up a kernel update and now
the machine will not boot into linux. When I do a 'rescue', I can see all my
dirs so my data is all safe, I just need to get the kernel back.
It was a standard 8.1 installation.

This after all my tweaking and all the advice from the list. BTW, it my own
inattentiveness on an update that got me here.

Anyone want to help through this one, so I don't have to use 'you know what'
to use my computer.

TIA,
Bill W.