On Sunday 09 December 2001 23:30, you wrote:
> Gidday Folks
>
> I'm just trying to add another linux box to our system. It's to be a samba
> server. It's got 7.2 on it. Samba appears to be working ok. We have a
> gateway, firewall, proxy, postfix mail server using 7.2 as well. Somehow
> samba is being used for the mailboxes on this machine.
> Now the problem. I can ping both to and from the win98 PCs for the new
> server but I can't seem to access this PC in any other way. Something on
> the original box keeps giving me "access denied" when I try to get the new
> box. I've been trying to access swat, linuxconf, or webmin by typing in
> something like 192.168.1.5:10000 in a browser from a win98. Where do I
> start to look? What other info do you need?
> TIA
> max

Well webmin is not going to work unless the webmin daemon is running, and of
course you will have to type https://192.168.1.5:10000 since webmin uses ssh.
Does webmin work locally? Is your Win98 an allowed host in the webmin setup?
It will refuse to connect to any host not specifically allowed.

Secondly are you sure your firewall is not locking you out. You can stop it
with /etc/tc.d/init.d/bastille-firewall stop.

How about portsentry. Is that running?

Derek