On Monday 10 December 2001 10:40, you wrote:
> I have iptables installed, all the Bastille packages and used
> BastilleChooser rather than baffle myself with InteractiveBastille, done a
> stealth scan at http://scan.sygatetech.com which shows ports as "closed"
> rather than "stealth", I understand from previous posts that if Bastille is
> running properly that ports should show as "stealth", can someone tell me
> where I've gone wrong please ?
>  --
>
> Poogle
> Registered Linux user 182657 (added to sig for the benefit of those
> irritated by it)
You probably don't have it locked down tight enough with the defaults. Try as
root or su going to /sbin and typing in "InteractiveBastille" and running
through the install gui that way. You can be in KDE or Gnome to do it. If you
do it this way do not choose file limits "yes" as it will stop your ability
to do a su from a user console.  There is an error in the scripts for
security.config that makes the su not work.  Bastille works very well for me
and it is not too difficult to set up, if you have questions, come back to
the list or email me at   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   .
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842