Just enquired on the price of an external USR modem and was quoted about
R800. Before I end up having to fork out this dough I wondered how to
make the system detect new hardware i.e. the ISA USR modem, eventhough
it doesn't display it under the Mandrake Control Centre when I am logged
as as either a user or root.

Tnx to Ed who suggested I try the command
of'/proc/pci|/home/hylton/proc-pci'. Turns out on opening the box that
the USR modem is in an ISA slot.  I tried to use the command but replace
the PCI with ISA and all I got was something about command not found.

Before I have to cough dough, please tell me how to get this working.
Perhaps Dave in Iowa would let me know how he gets his USR modems
working?

--
Registered Linux user #229959