Hello,

On the update issue...yes..instead of doing an install...click the "update"
box..and then don't install anything(unless there's something else on there
you want). For me,I always choose the expert (altho I'm FAR from that) mode.
both of these mice should install tho...

On your Nvidia card,if you'll look on the Linux-Mandrake site..under "errata"
you'll find an issue with the Nvidia cards. Something about 8.1 only loading
the binary version of the driver? If my memeory is correct here, they
instruct us to log in as root, then to a terminal,then enter the command
"depmod -a"   Then reboot..but PLEASE..read from the site..don't take my
word..it is there tho.  :-)