<snip>>

>       I have a mouse with IMPS/2.  Nothing else seems to work at all.
>
> > As for a suggestion for a fix...well if it was me,and everything else
> > worked ok...I'd try an update (from the cd's,assuming(dangerous) you
> > installed that way) and this time give the mouse install a few minutes to
> > get its head together..lol.
>
>       So I can act like I'm reinstalling but type update when it gives me
> that option?  I thought that was just for going from one # to another
> (7.2 to 8.1 for example).
<snip>
Just thought I best jump in here and let you know that using update to go
from one version to a newer version is not a good idea. Unless, you place all
of your important files on a partition such as /goodstuff or what ever you
want to call it, then when you upgrade on a new version you pick the expert
install and when it goes into the diskdrake mod and has your partitions
showing you can set them all up as named before but reformat everything but
/goodstuff.  This will save the good stuff but install all of the files and
their libraries without leaving any of the older libraries behind. That can
sometimes cause problems.  This is not a sure fire guaranteed method, cause
some of the good stuff may be dependent on libraries you no longer have.
Well, that's the way I understand things as of today, if anyone on the list
want's to correct me or clarify or add to what I have here, just jump right
in, HTH.

--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842