On Friday 21 December 2001 08:46, you wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm in need of a new 3D graphics card that works well under Linux ( V8.1
> ). There seems to have been alot of problems with nVidia drivers

Never had any probs (not really ) install the drivers from source using "make
install" and it works fine after you edit your XF86config-4 file.
All glx apps including tuxracer unrealtournament etc. work awesomely well.

Buy a Geforce (i dont know about the geforce3) but im running a GeForce2GTS
and it is really fine.

> reported on various newsgroups.ATI seems not to supprot their Vivid!xs

Dunno about ATI i had bad experiences with ati under windows but who cares
about that anyway =).

> cards under Linux so I don't know where to look for info. My <only> ;-)
> requirements are that it works under Win98, at least for a little while
> yet, and that it works with OpenGL under Linux.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Stewart

Ciao