Subsequent to my installation of MDK 8.0,, whenever I check
the box in
KPPP to dock the application, instead of docking as it did in MDK 7.2
it just disappears? although the connection remains operable ...in
order to shut it down ,I must kill the PID.

         I checked some other KDE dockable apps (teatimer and kmoon)
both of
which never appear from the menu....but show a running PID in the
system.

         I tried to innitiate them from a terminal and I get this error.

         [olly@localhost olly]$ kmoon
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".

---------
Assuming this is the cause?   does it mean I don't have some component
installed?  everything else seems to function OK.... would there be an
RPM with this "render extension"?

OR....is it a matter of editing some init file to allow "render" to
render?

I don't have a clue for a direction to pursue the problem, or attempt
to "render" a solution ..8-).. and would appreciate someone  giving me
a little advice.

gratefully yours

--
Olly P......... Biloxi Mississippi ---- Linux MDK 8.0 and
Kmail 2.1.1

Doubt isn't the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith.
- Paul Tillich, German theologian and historian

 12:37am  up  9:30,  2 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.05, 0.01