On Sunday 23 December 2001 09:28, Tom Brinkman typed:

>         Olly, I don't know what's causing your problem, but have you
> tried enabling all the options on Kppp's Setup | Misc tab.  That's
> how I have it and Kppp docks into the panel, and a R-clk on it's all
> that's needed for disconnect.

--------------------------
Sun Dec 23 15:36:50 2001

Thanks for the response Tom...I tried all the KPPP tab settings but
when I set it to "dock to panel on connect" instead of docking it
disappears? a while back when discussing this problem with you I began
to realize that it is not a case of a missing application. as I have
discovered that anything that is scheduled to dock..vanishes instead?
Kmoon , tea timer etc. so whatever enables the docking is
defective...maybe?

I do have the clock on the panel and Kmixer...but I don't understand
the difference in the way they are put there..which makes it hard to
troubleshoot.

when I was running MDK 7.2 it did work as you say and I had the modem
lights on the panel....but with MDK 8.0 it is not working...

>   type 'xdpyinfo'  and under "number of extensions:" you'll see all
> the functions your video card is capable of. ie, you may or may not
> see RENDER.  RENDER is a function of XFree86 and your hardware, and
> AFAIK, while it's needed for anti-aliased font display, I doubt it
> has anything to do with your Kppp docking problem

it says number of extensions 20 and lists them, ...alas RENDER is not
amongst the flock....

I threw that in because it was the only error message that I could
find....and thought it might be implicated as the culprit? I'm sure you
are correct...I was just wishing. <grin>.

I was planning to get another KPPP but now that I know that Kmoon and
other docking are affected ,I doubt that  that would be logical...I
don't know where to investigate at this time?

Thanks for your help Tom and happy holidays

--
Olly P......... Biloxi Mississippi ---- Linux MDK 8.0 and
Kmail 2.1.1

The right half of the brain controls the left half of the body.  This
means that only left handed people are in their right mind.

  4:02pm  up  1:15,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00