Doug,

Check your address header. You are sending two copies of your mesages to
the list.

Your windows partition is at hda2 - the second partition on the primary
hard drive. That's going to cause a problem. Windows insists that it be
the first partition. Changing lilo.conf won't help.

The only reliable way to set up a dual (or higher) boot setup with
Windows is to install Windows first, let it format the whole drive and
then grab as much of the free space as appropriate during the Mandrake
install.

If you've got bunches of stuff on the Windows partition, you may want to
borrow another drive and copy the Win to that. Then reinstall Windows,
reformatting the drive FAT32, copy your files back to that drive, make
sure you've defragmented the drive and then reinstall Mandrake, having
DiskDrake take the total space you need from the Windows
partition,setting up your /, /boot, /home, swap, etc. partitions.

Most of the stuff I've seen on dual booting does point this out -
including the Mandrake documentation. I'm sure that doesn't make you
feel any better at this point, however. Good luck.

Terry Smith
Hatchville, MA