On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:43:27 -0800
Ed Kasky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:

> Thanks for taking the time to respond.  Luckily, having a recent backup I
> didn't have to resort to a re-install....

hey! congrats. It's good to hear that you got the problem taken care of. way to go,
although I wasn't suggesting a reinstall, just a search and rescue. The rescue command
at the installation prompt loads the stock install program into memory and allows you
to mount your existing OS under /mnt as an inactive partition giving the user the
chance to make changes and do things you wouldn't normally be able to do otherwise.

however, you've brought out some really good information that I'm sure will come in
very useful to many in the future.

--
daRcmaTTeR
If at first you don't succeed do what your wife told you to do

Registered Linux User 182496
Mandrake 8.1
  8:05am  up 10 days, 23:54,  2 users,  load average: 0.06, 0.11, 0.11