Well, I finally got SoftwareUpdate to work again. Browsing through the
updates I notice the new kernel 2.4.8-31.2mdk. Now, I vaguely recall Civileme
or someone else warning against updating the kernel through Update.

I'm of the school "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" -- is this "update"
really necessary? I mean everything except AC97 sound recording works very
well. Would you advise that I skip this update? Is it necessary?

I'm a bit confused by the additional kernel stuff that's included with the
update, i.e.:

        Kernel-source, kernel-linus 2.4, kernel 2.2 -- Do I upgrade all, or only the
        2.4 items?

Presently I'm running the stock LM8.0 kernel 2.4.3-20mdk. Any advice would be
greatly appreciated. I don't want to mess up my system that's working great
for something that isn't necessary.

Tia,
Andre

--
Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember, in your prayers, the suffering souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly with His love!

For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet -- http://www.webhart.net/csrb/