Hi all,

I have a small problem I was hoping someone had seen before..

I moved my linux drives to a new computer..

hda before is hda now, hdb before is hdb now.. so that hasn't changed.

I couldn't boot from the drive.

so I did an expert/upgrade to see if that helped. it didn't

I tried reloading lilo to see if that helped, it didn't.
I used grub-install /dev/hda with and without --recheck, it didn't help.

I removed all kernels, and did the expert upgrade again.. it didn't help.

when I run lilo, I get this message: Fatal: No images have been defined or
default image doesn't exist.

and when I run grub-install, I get this message: grub-install /dev/hda
Drive does not have any corrosponding BIOS drive.

I have a boot disk and the system is fine when I use that. all services come
up just fine.

Anyone know how I can fix this thing? the expert upgrade put the standard
kernel back on the system, made all the correct files in /boot and
everything should be fine, but its not.

The bios recognises the drives.. lists them correctly.. and all seems well,
it just doesn't work unless I boot from the floppy.

The system is an IBM 300PL 233mmx with 160 mb ram.

Can anyone offer me some suggestions on how to fix this? I don't want to
reload the PC, because I have postfix setup with amavisd and filescan, and
amavisd requires the compiling of lots of perl modules and stuff, so its
just not something I want to do again if I can avoid it.

any help would be very much appreciated.

regards

Frank