> Could you tell more on this satelite subject.
> I do inland shipping in europe for a living and for the moment am
> restricted by 9,6 kb gsm modem when I'm 'on the canal/road'.
>
> GPRS seemd to offer an option but satelite seems to offer better results,
> though over here 2-way isn't possible yet, due to restrictive legislation.

If by "on the canal" you mean "while travelling", the satellite systems I've
looked into wouldn't be an option. Both systems (that I've looked at)
available here in the states require fairly large, permanently mounted
dishes.

The other problem is they are partners with "the evil empire," and they
require that the modem be connected to a windows box. So I have a little 233
sadly running win2k that provides internet connection to the rest of my
network. (totally bass-ackwards I know)

if you still want more info: www.starband.com

--Gina