Thanks for the idea, however, my problem is when in text mode, no
problem with X at all. Since so far I haven't had much need to use mouse
in text mode, I only run gdm when I really need to use mouse.

I was just going to replay to your other mail about switch box. I
thought I will just post my hardware here in case anyone else wants to
get an switch box as well. Anyone else has successful working keyboard,
mouse and switch combo, please add to it.

I am using a 4 port Linksys switch,
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?prid=137&grid=25, Dell
QuietKey keyboard and Logitech MouseMan Wheel mouse. I occasional have
problem with this mouse, the switch seems to work better with standard 3
button wheel mouse (this mouse has an extra button on the side), I have
no problem when using Logitech First Wheel Mouse or MS (yes, MS)
IntelliMouse.

Robin