On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 21:53:09 -0800 (PST)
Pauljames Dimitriu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> when I try to cuse cc  or gcc from a command line, I
> get "no such file or directory".  When I go to my
> usr/bin directory and do an ls cc, I get the
> following:  cc@
>
> I try compiling directly in the /usr/bin directory
> (which shouldn't be necessary) and I still get the
> same error.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul
>
> PS:  g++ works just fine.  I would use it but some
> install programs ask for cc.

cc is just a link to gcc. im guessing that either something happened with gcc and you
lost permission to execute it or it was not installed in the first place.

just guessing...

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back."

Anuerin G. Diaz
Design Engineer
Millennium Software, Incorporated
2305 B West Tower, Philippines Stocks Exchange Center,
Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City

Tel# 638-3070 loc. 72
Fax# 638-3079