On Tuesday 08 January 2002 05:53, you wrote:
> when I try to cuse cc  or gcc from a command line, I
> get "no such file or directory".  When I go to my
> usr/bin directory and do an ls cc, I get the
> following:  cc@
>
> I try compiling directly in the /usr/bin directory
> (which shouldn't be necessary) and I still get the
> same error.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

I had a similar problem when I updated from 7.2 to 8.0. I found that
the gcc was actually a symlink pointing to a non-existant file, so I
found the correct version of gcc (using find) and pointed gcc to that
instead.

HTH

--
<<< Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines >>>
Remove the fruit to obtain reply address: