Hello:

Recently my video card died, and I replaced it with a 32Mb DDR Nvidia Ge
Force 2GTS.  My hard drive is partitioned, so installing the proper drivers
for my windows portion was uneventful.  Unfortunately, I can't say the same
about my linux partition.  When I boot up in linux, I can only get the
console (terminal) mode, in runlevel 3.  So I need to install the drivers in
linux as well.

I visited the nvidia site and according to their instructions I need to
download two files.  One is the glx file and the other is an .rpm kernel
file which corresponds to my system.  Question is, it is not clear to me,
which is the correct file.  I have installed Mandrake 8.0 with kernel 2.4.3
(i.e. the standard installation of mandrake power pack edition).  The
options in the nvidia site are:  the "UP kernel, the "enterprise kernel", or
the "smp kernel".  Any ideas which is the file I should d/l, or at least how
to find out?

Also, I don't play video games in my system, is there by any chance some
kind of generic driver I can install, which was included with the original
powerpak package?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dexter