On Monday 14 January 2002 07:03, Wes Gregg wrote:
|       Hello,
|
|       Someone recently told me about Lopster which is on one of the 8.1
| Powerpack cds.  Ok, they included which cd it was so I found it was an
| rpm and clicked on it from a file browser and it loaded the rpm
| installation program and installed it.  Sweet, no sweat.
|
|       Then today I checked into one of the package tools in the config menu
| and it gave me a list of programs (2 lists - installable and installed)
| and Lopster wasn't on either list even though it is installed (I just
| don't know how to use it).
|
|       This behavior leads me to think there may be other programs on the cds
| that aren't mentioned anywhere.  Is there a good way to browse them and
| any way to tell what kind of program they are and what they do without
| actually installing them?
|
|       Thanks a lot everyone.

In a terminal (as root) type "rpm --rebuilddb" without the quotes.  That
should update what is displayed in Software Manager.

Software Manager will display ALL rpms that are on your cds.  The reason
it was not showing lopster may be because lopster was not installed using
Software Manager.  Updating the database as above may correct this.

skinky
--
oxymoron:  Microsoft Works