shipahoy wrote:

> Hi
> My Mandrake 8.1 boot disk doesn't work. This includes the one made on
> installation and any I make from Mandrake Control Centre. Trying to boot
> with them gives this error on boot:
>
> Could not find ramdisk image: initrd.img
>
> The boot disk for my Redhat 7.1 partition works fine.
>
> I have
> AMD Duron 800
> Soltek SL-75MAV mobo

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Yes mine did not either. The initrd.img file is missing in /boot. You
need to run mkinitrd (see man mkinitrd or just enter mkinitrd for help).
My command looks looks this: mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.8-26mdk
2.4.8-26mdk. After the initrd.img file is made, you must copy it to your
boot floppy.

HTH
Charles