---- ai4a <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> shipahoy wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > My Mandrake 8.1 boot disk doesn't work. This includes the one made
> on
> > installation and any I make from Mandrake Control Centre. Trying
> to boot
> > with them gives this error on boot:
> >
> > Could not find ramdisk image: initrd.img
> >
> > The boot disk for my Redhat 7.1 partition works fine.
> >
> > I have
> > AMD Duron 800
> > Soltek SL-75MAV mobo

> > Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
>
> Yes mine did not either. The initrd.img file is missing in /boot. You
> need to run mkinitrd (see man mkinitrd or just enter mkinitrd for help).
> My command looks looks this: mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.8-26mdk
> 2.4.8-26mdk. After the initrd.img file is made, you must copy it to
> your
> boot floppy.
>
> HTH
> Charles

I found that if I open a terminal I can create a boot disk that works
fine, simply by using the mkbootdisk command as follows:

mkbootdisk 2.4.8-26mdk

I also had the problem with the boot disk made during the installation
as well as by using Drakfloppy.

Rick

--
Rick Friedman
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - email

"He's dead, Jim. You get his wallet. I'll get his tricorder."

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com