On Thursday 17 January 2002 05:27 am, Charles wrote:

> Yes mine did not either. The initrd.img file is missing in /boot. You
> need to run mkinitrd (see man mkinitrd or just enter mkinitrd for help).
> My command looks looks this: mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.8-26mdk
> 2.4.8-26mdk. After the initrd.img file is made, you must copy it to your
> boot floppy.

Thanks, Charles -- I've had the exact same problem. However, there's a piece
of information I don't have here. When I issue that command, what gets put
into /boot is initrd-2.4.8-26mdk (duh), which is NOT an .img file.

What exactly am I supposed to do here to make an image file out of it? If I
reboot, will it magically create one? Or what? I know I'm revealing my
abysmal ignorance here, but there's something I don't understand.

Robin