On Sunday 20 January 2002 14:41, you wrote:
> After two months of intermittent headbanging with a floppy drive that
> just _refuses to mount_ (and the consequent rantings on this list), I
> remembered one thing I hadn't tried yet. I typed 'linux nobiospnp'
> at the boot selection prompt, and lo+behold, the drive mounted when
> I told it to.
>
> Now, I'd love to get the machine to boot automatically like this
> without me having to type it every time it's booting. How do I go
> about doing this?
On previous post, I was right about adding in the "nobiospnp" to the append
line, forgot to mention put it in with a space after the last item already
there and inside the quotation marks.  Then go to a console and su to  type
in at the prompt " /sbin/lilo  That should write  everything to the files and
it will now boot with nobiospnp next time.  If you don't run lilo like
mentioned above it will not write the changes to the file. Or so I believe.
Anyway, HTH
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842