Hi all,

Since the newer cooker kernels seem to be fine with supermount, why has
mandrake not put on in updates that will allow people to use supermount
without resorting to installing cooker kernels?

Is it because mandrake never add functionality to a distro instead prefering
to leave it to the next version of the distro??

personaly I have no problem with that, except that I think supermount was
too important a thing to leave out of a distro,, and mandrake would have
alot of happier customers if they released a "supermount patch" that is
basically a supermount safe 2.4 kernel...

what do you guys think?

I was running 2.4.16-11 for ages with supermount enabled,, and never had a
problem with it..

I would just prefer to have a kernel endorsed by mandrake as being "stable"

rgds

Frank