Hi all,

Today's problem (actually I've been fooling with this off and on for a
coupla weeks!) is installing Evolution 1.0.1.

I'm going the route of downloading source files from the Ximian site.

The first package that needs to be installed is

bonobo-config-0.14. When I do a

./configure

it goes through a script which runs a series of checks...All is well
until it gets to

<much snipping>

    checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
    creating libtool
    checking for gawk... gawk
    checking for glib-config... /usr/bin/glib-config
    checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... yes
    checking for oaf-config... /etc/oaf/oaf-config.xml
    checking for OAF - version >= 0.6.2... no
    *** Could not run OAF test program, checking why...
    *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file
    config.log for the
    *** exact error that occured. This usually means OAF was incorrectly
    installed
    *** or that you have moved OAF since it was installed. In the latter
    case, you
    *** may want to edit the oaf-config script: /etc/oaf/oaf-config.xml

I have a file /etc/oaf/oaf-config.xml which I would be willing to post
but a few basic questions.

What is bonobo and what is it doing?

What is OAF (I can't find it listed in any of my books) and what does it
do? Do I need a newer version?

What is going on here? (I'm a little mystified as I've got Evolution
0.13 running OK and it must use bonobo???).

Anywhow, if someone could steer me in the right direction it would be
much appreciated.

Terry Smith
Hatchville, MA USA