Hi there Richard,

Firstly thanks for using the correct list address ;-) Secondly, to get to
your problem...

Umm, this may be just a shot in the dark, however are you sure your writer
IS supported? I see similiar ones like the PX-W8220 on
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdwriters-1.11.html
just your one isn't there.

If you are using LM 8 or 8.1 you would have to add the group of cdwriters
to authorised users, however indeed as root this should not make any
difference. The fact that scanbus detects your cd-writer says nothing of
whether it's supported or not. Give the page a look, maybe you will see
something I haven't.

Good luck,
Ralph