Hi,

>> Can any of you with late model HP printers let me know about
>> drivers and support?  I'm looking to buy one this weekend and would
>> like to have a bit

> I am not a fan of HP for Linux printing...They are not really into supporting
> the drivers nor do they want to get 'into' the game.
> A better choice is Epson or Lexmark.  They are both very Linux friendly
> companies and their devices and software work with Linux.  Correctly.

I disagree... according to www.linuxprinting.org their suport is fine.
Let me quote,
"As for the DeskJets, HP recently released an open-source driver kit
for the bulk of its modern consumer DeskJet line. After finishing a
lengthy patent search, with version 1.0.1 they made it free software
by removing the "for usage with HP products only" from the BSDish
license. So HP is near the top of the heap in terms of free software
support for its inkjet devices (Free software driving Epson Photo
printers still produces better color quality)."
(taken from http://www.linuxprinting.org/vendors.html#hp )
I personally haven't tried their HPIJS driver yet, but I think HP is
on a good way. Epson might have better quality (under Linux), though.

Good luck anyways
Roman