On Wednesday 30 January 2002 13:43, Marcia typed:
> Dear All,
>
> I have been trying to set up my Knode with the vmware email newsgroup
> and I must be doing something wrong. Whenever I try to send or
> receive mail it says there is an error- cannot resolve hostname or
> something like that. Could anyone help me set up the vmware
> newsgroup? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have LM8.1 and
> want to install the vmware 2.04 , but I  have not been able to do so
> yet. I am hoping to get some answers from the newsgroup since I have
> not been able to make it work with the suggestions offered here so
> far.  Thanks for all of your help.
----------------
Wednesday 30 January 2002--14:52

I dial in with KPPP Marcia, and when I have a connection to my ISP
running...I use other programs .  sometimes when I trigger a line in
KNODE without being connected to the ISP it gives me the same
message...so no line in will cause it to do that ., my netnews server
does not require a login or password...perhaps yours does?

        Do you have netnews set up in netscape navigator? can you get to it
from there?

        Last night I set up SLRNPULL to snag newsgroups from the same server
and put them on a  local /var/spool then read them with SLRN.

        At the moment I have netnews all over the place <grin>  all from the
KPPP connection.  make a check to see if your server requires
authentication...?
luck

--
Olly P......... Biloxi Mississippi ---- Linux MDK 8.0 and
2.4.3-20 mdk Kmail 2.1.1

This process can check if this value is zero, and if it is, it does
something child-like.
                -- Forbes Burkowski, CS 454, University of Washington

  3:10pm  up 2 days,  2:13,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00