On Thursday 31 January 2002 09:44, you wrote:
> I've got an internal ATAPI ZIP drive in my box (it's the SECOND device on
> the SECOND IDE channel). It used to work just fine under 8.0, but since I
> did a complete wipe-n-install of 8.1, it isn't recognized within Linux. The
> drive powers during POST, so I know the connections are still good.
>
> Can anyone offer any help?
>
> ---
> Andrew Vogel: Manager of Professional Programs at the University of
> Cincinnati College of Pharmacy
> http://pharmacy.uc.edu                                       (513)-558-3784
If you are trying to access it from KDE desktop icon try making a new icon
for it.  I have the following line in /etc/fstab for my zip drive:
/dev/hdd4 /mnt/zip auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0

Those are all on one line of course, but yours should be similar depending on
what the system sees as your device, mine shows in harddrake as /dev/hdd4.  I
had the same problem and just created a new icon and it used the correct
nomenclature for the zip where as the installation icon was showing the wrong
info in properties. HTH
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842