"Vogel, Andrew (VOGELAP)" wrote:

> Here is my entire FSTAB:
> /dev/hda1 / ext2 defaults 1 1
> none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
> none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
> /dev/hda6 /home ext2 defaults 1 2
> /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto
> iocharset=iso8859-1,ro,nosuid,noauto,user,exec,codepage=850,nodev 0 0
> /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto
> iocharset=iso8859-1,rw,sync,nosuid,exec,user,noauto,nodev,codepage=850,unhid
> e 0 0
> none /proc proc defaults 0 0
> /dev/hdb1 /var ext2 defaults 1 2
> /dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
> /dev/hdd /mnt/zip auto nosuid,exec,user,noauto,nodev 0 0
>
> I see the ZIP drive line at the bottom, but it's quite different than the
> example you gave. I've modified it to the following:
> /dev/hdd4 /mnt/zip auto
> user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0
>
> Is this correct? How do I tell my system to use this new, edited fstab?

Hi Andrew. Okay, that looks like mine (now). Rebooting will, of course
initiate the changes in /etc/fstab, but its easier just to do (as root):

mount -a

That should reread /etc/fstab and remount all your listed drives.

Don't forget to right-click on your Zip icon under KDE (not sure about Gnome?)
and pick properties, then check to make sure its pointing to /dev/hdd4.

Hope this helps!

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord