I've added the following line to fstab:
/dev/hdd4 /mnt/zip auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0

(I don't have to reboot after adding that, or execute any special commands
to get Linux to re-read fstab, do I? I DIDN'T!)

When I type "mount /mnt/zip", I get:
mount: /dev/hdd4 is not a block device

---
Andrew Vogel: Manager of Professional Programs at the University of
Cincinnati College of Pharmacy
http://pharmacy.uc.edu                                       (513)-558-3784