I'm dual booting Mandrake 8.1 and Windows XP.  When I installed
Mandrake, I let it write LILO to the MBR, and it worked great.  I could
boot into either one without any problems.  Then, I installed some
security patches using the software updater thing, and suddenly I can't
get into Linux anymore.  I can get into Windows just fine, but when I
choose Mandrake, it says: "ebda too large" and just hangs.  I searched
for this error message and found some people that had it saying that it
was because the kernel was too large.  They didn't suggest any solution
though.  It's funny that a security update could some how make my kernel
too large...anyway, somebody know what I should do to fix this?

Thank you.