Hi Shane,

My comments follow:

>a few cents of worth...
>go AMD, get more speed, pay less.

Any suggestions as to an AMD configuration, motherboard, etc? I am new at
this 8-)

>you can never have enough RAM, spend the money saved above here.  ;-)

OK

>check that chip, i always have trouble with onboard anything......

This would also fall under an AMD configuration. Suggestions ayone???

>why the zip?  just curious, i find my cd rewritable much more useful than i
>ever found the zip to be, but that is just me.

Zip is just easy for me at this point, plus it is a small capacity media
that I view more as an alternative to a floppy than competition for CDRW
or a DVD configuration. One of these days (hopefully) I will learn how to
burn CD's.

>well depends on what you want, but my only problem with the handspring is
>that kpilot is not yet USB.....

Well, a lot of this has to do with third party conduits. I sometimes use
the Visor as an alternative to a laptop. Therefore, I am dependent on the
e-mail programs in the Palm OS that have conduits that can transfer
existing e-mails gathered on the road, that I need to sync via a conduit
to my desktop. The same goes for creating text, psreadsheets, etc. Maybe
when the Sharp Zarus or another Linux PDA gains mass popularity, this
will not be as much of a problem for me, but at this time it is.

Cheers,

Brian