On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Brian Durant wrote:

> Hi Shane,
>
> My comments follow:
>
> >a few cents of worth...
> >go AMD, get more speed, pay less.
>
> Any suggestions as to an AMD configuration, motherboard, etc? I am new at
> this 8-)

I just put together a new PC about three days ago, with an AMD XP1800 cpu
and an Abit KG7 motherboard. It rocks pretty hard...

Also under the hood (in case you care)

512meg DDR RAM (as stated, so cheap right now, why not? And the KG7 will
support up to 4 gig)

ATI Radeon AIW 32mg vid card
Soundblaster Live! 5.1 Platinum w/Live!Drive
Plextor 16x10x40A CD-RW
60.5 gig 7200 rpm IDE HD (maxtor)
40 gig 7200 rpm IDE HD (maxtor)
Linksys NIC card

blah blah blah. Hope that helps...good luck with the new box!